Wildflower has 14 restaurants throughout Arizona (including Flagstaff, Sedona and Prescott) with two more to open very soon. It is an empire now but it all started with one small cafe in Scottsdale 22 years ago.
Louis Basile and his wife, Tracy, wanted a restaurant where families could go for quick, casual and healthy food. Louis grew up in the restaurant business. His father had a diner in New Jersey and Louis would help around the restaurant as a young boy. Now, he wanted a place of his own.
Wildflower Bread Company was based on scratch-made breads, pastries, pies and cookies. The company continued to flourish with 14 stores in 22 years. And now two new stores in Central Phoenix and Gilbert.
Wildflower Bread Company is now simply Wildflower, and the tagline is. "Eat. Sip. Enjoy." The "sip" is because the two new locations will serve beer and wine.
While the restaurant is evolving, there is that same dedication to scratch-made bread. All the dough is made in the bakery in North Scottsdale. It is then sent to each store, where the bread is baked overnight in-house at each location for fresh, soft bread to serve to customers in the morning.
[WATCH: Time to make the bread]
Louis and Tracy run their business with a love of community and a love of their employees, offering growth opportunities and charitable donations.
New summer menu offerings include:
* Salmon Breakfast Bowl with sunny eggs, arugula, salmon salad, roasted tomatoes, lemon, hot peppers and goat cheese
* Salmon Roll BLT with salmon salad, bacon, tomato, arugula and herb mayo on a grilled brioche
* Heirloom Tomato and Chicken featuring chicken breast, arugula, spinach, cabbage, heirloom tomatoes and feta with Spicy Herb Vinaigrette
* Spicy Lemon Penne with chicken breast, garlic, hot peppers, lemon vegetable broth, heirloom tomatoes, spinach, pea shoots, petite peas, scallions, basil, feta and toasted walnuts
* Salmon Salad Side featuring Wild Alaskan salmon, carrots, jicama, celery, scallions, hot peppers, herb mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon, paprika and salt
The new Wildflower location in Gilbert is at 75 E. Rivulon Boulevard in Gilbert. The central Phoenix location will open in September at 5813 N. Seventh Street.
Wildflower 480-991-5180 15640 N. Hayden Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Copyright 2018 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.